One of my healthy home goals this year is to eat more veggies.
Then I found out potato chips do not count. Booo…..
So to satisfy my need desire for a salty crunch, I tried something new. Baking veggies in my own oven. I know right?! Who knew..apparently I do not have to buy the processed junk at the store. I can make my own and eat fresh and healthy. Double Bonus!
Today, I baked zucchini into little delightful chips seasoned with sea salt. YUM!
Here is the super easy recipe….
Baked Zucchini Chips
1 (or 5) zucchini
olive oil cooking spray
sea salt (or other desired seasoning)
Yep. That’s it!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
3. Spray lightly with cooking spray
4. Slice your zucchini into thin slices (about the size of a quarter)
5. Arrange on baking sheet
6. Spray lightly with cooking spray
7. Sprinkle with sea salt.
8. Bake 45 minutes, then rotate sheet and bake another 40 – 50 min. until desired crispness.
Keep in mind they are going to shrivel and shrink after baking in the oven so you may want to cut up several zucchinis.
These are fabulous! Totally satisfies my salty crunch crave. Try them and let me know how you like them.
Featured on Carol’s Chatter