Christmas is a week away!
In the past, each year when the Christmas season comes. so many ideas fill my head of all the fun and many activities we are going to do to enjoy the season. You know what I discovered?
Too many activities do not always equal lots of fun!
So I have learned, after making the same mistake many years in a row, that cutting back to just our favorites really do make for a more fun season. But more importantly, I want my kids memories of the Christmas season to be centered around the real meaning of the season and giving to others.
This is our little tree for our RV.
Here is my Christmas Bucket List for 2012
- Help a family/child in need.
- Volunteer time.
- Drink egg nog.
- Bake and decorate cookies.
- Stuff someone’s stocking.
- Spend time with friends who I haven’t seen in awhile.
- Give something away.
- Decorate a tree for our rv.
- Watch Elf. (a family tradition)
- Read the nativity story.
- Try a Gingerbread Latte.
- Drive around and look at the lights.
We have already done a few off the list. I highly recommend the gingerbread latte! Yum!
Do you make a list every Christmas? What is your family’s favorite tradition?