I totally LOVE sweet potatoes! You can buy them frozen BUT if you make your own you are not only saving money, you know what’s in them. Our Clean Eating for Beginners group is focused on step one this week…. adding in real fruit and veggies to every meal.
I like to get a bag of these organic sweet potatoes from Costco. They are $7.50 for 10lbs so .75 cents a pound. At my local grocery store the price was $1.25 per pound and that wasn’t for organic. So this is a good deal.
Here are a few recipes on how to eat up these yummy things!
Sweet Potato Fries :
1. peel and cut 3 potatoes into fry strips
2. place on baking sheet
3. drizzle with 2 T oil (olive oil or melted coconut oil) and stir to coat the fries
4. sprinkle with sea salt or cinnamon
5. bake at 450 for 15 –20 min (depending on how thick you cut your fries and how crispy you like them)
6. flip and repeat
7. eat ‘em while they’re hot!
Sweet Potato Chips :
1. wash and slice 3 potatoes into about 1/4” chips
2. put chips into a ziploc bag and add 2 Tbsp olive oil
3. toss in the bag until they are all coated with oil
4. add in choice of spices (sea salt OR cinnamon OR cayenne pepper with chile and garlic powder for a kick)
5. mix it all up
6. place in a single layer on a baking sheet
7. bake at 425 for about 20 min (depending on the crispiness you like)
8. flip and bake for another 20.
Baked Sweet Potato :
1. wash and poke potato with a fork
2. wrap in foil
3. bake at 424 for about 30 – 40 min (depending on how big it is)
4. slice and drizzle with honey. Yum!
Sweet Potato Cubes :
1. wash and cut into cubes
2. lay in a baking dish/pan in one layer
3. drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil OR melted coconut oil
4. sprinkle with desired seasonings (sea salt, cinnamon, or pepper)
5. bake at 400 for 15 –20 min
6. flip or stir or shake then bake another 15 – 20 min.
These recipes are SO easy and you can change it up a bit to make them sweet or salty.
Join us our clean eating for beginners private group!